in TRYSTWITHVANILLGIRL| Indian Beauty Blog | Makeup Reviews |Indian Makeup Blog | Makeup Tutorials | : REVLON COLOR STAY SHADOW LINKS:REVIEW;SWATCHES FOR LIME,ONYX& PEACOCK

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

REVLON COLOR STAY SHADOW LINKS:REVIEW;SWATCHES FOR LIME,ONYX& PEACOCK

Hey Girlies,

How have you been? How life is treating you all?Are you doing something to protect yourself from this scorching heat? Summers are hitting hard .Do you agree with me?

I am struggling these days to keep my home cool throughout the day and I am in decluttering mode.Somehow I think decluttering increases space and more space eventually leads to better air circulation so cooler spaces!!

Am I going astray? Yeah...seems like.Huh!!

I am going to talk about Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks in this post.
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks,LIME,ONYX,SWATCH,REVIEW,INDIAN MAKEUP,BEAUTY BLOG
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks




It was just a while ago when I saw Emily Noel talking about the shadow links.I liked the idea of customizing own palette but It never occurred to me that they will find their way so soon in Indian market also.They were not available in Chandigarh till 28th march and spotted them first in Gurgaon in a Mall (Name forgotten).I instagrammed when I was checking them out.Rest is history I ended up customizing my own palette with ONYX,PEACOCK AND LIME.



 FOREWORD IN WORDS OF REVLON


  • 30 Covetable shades
  • 4 fabulous finishes
  • Individual eyeshadows
  • Can be customized into a palette of your own choice!!

VANILLOGY



Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks,ONYX,LIME,PEACOCK,iNDIANBEAUTYBLOGGER,INDIANMAKEUP,INDIANBEAUTYMAKEUPBLOG

COLORS: All the colors are supergorgeous. (10/10)
Lime is light pista green which somehow comes as golden on my lids.It has very light shimmer.
Peacock is peacock blue with the hint of Golden undertones and barely discernible golden shimmer.
Onyx is black eye shadow with silver glitter.

TEXTURE: 
Lime is supersoft in texture.10/10
Peacock is baked hard.Its difficult to extract the right pay off from this shadow.7/10
Onyx is perfect.One swipe gives appreciable pay off.10/10

 PIGMENTATION
Lime has adequate pigmentation.On lids it somehow fails to show its original colour.I reapplied it many times on my lid to get a satisfied pigmentation.
Peacock is the most difficult color to work with.In the look I published on my youtube channel using these eyeshadows I used peacock as an accent colour. Its very difficult to get adequate pigmentation if you use this as a lid colour
Onyx is deeply pigmented.One swipe gives a workable pay off.

FINISH
Lime has a very satiny finish when swatched.It has a veil of sheer iridescent goldenish particles .
Peacock  is again a satin finish with golden hue and Golden iridescence.
Onyx is shimmer in finish.Its beautiful black with silver glitter.

APPLICATION
Lime Its a beautiful color.But a ghost golden under pista green.Its not limey at all.
Really need to be reapplied to get adequate pigmentation.8/10
Peacock: As much I loved this color that much  I was disappointed by its formulation.Most difficult color to work with.7/10
Onyx:It has amazing formulation.its so easy to work with this color.You can watch in the video when I start using it to make a wing it is as pigmented as an eyeliner.10/10

FALL OUT
Lime has manageable fall out.Its not fall proof though but being golden even if it falls and can be left undetected,if rubbed it  act as an highlighter.So if it is kind with your mistakes.9/10
Peacock has practically "No fall out".10/10
Onyx has a fall out.So better  be cautious using this especially if you are done with your foundation already. It will highlight your mistakes and can make your under eye look dark. Its not much granting this way.8/10

PACKAGING


Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks ,trystwithvanillagirl.blogspot.com,indianmakeup,beautyblog,swatch ,review
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks 
This is the area which I love most.I loved the idea of customizing your own palette.Different shadow links fit into each other tightly.Neutral ones can be carried as such.Its supersleek body makes it travel friendly.
But whenever I open them up somehow I end up chipping off tweeny weeny eye shadow chunk with my nails.( Its very personal,I know I am clumsy opening boxes)

X FACTOR: 10/10 I loved the look I crested with them.It just brought that "X"zing to my face.

PRICE:  175 INR for 1.4 gms

SMUDGE QUOTIENT: 
Lime on smudging will make the colour disappear.
Peacock again  on smudging will vanish.
Onyx stands the test of time.Its such a beautiful color that smudges beautifully adding dimension to the entire look.

TIPS
I highly recommend using a good primer before you toy with these eyeshadows. As two of them has less pigmentation and third one has good fall out.
Use paper tissue or eyeshadow catchers in your undereye region.
Go bonkers customizing your palette. Let your creative juices flow and invent your own palette.
 SWATCHES


Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks,LIME,ONYX,PEACOCK,INDAIN MAKEUP
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks
LIME
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks,LIME,SWATCHES,REVIEW,INDIAN BLOG,BEAUTY,MAKEUP
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks IN LIME
PEACOCK SWATCH
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks,SWATCH,REVIEW,VANILLA RATINGS
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks IN PEACOCK

ONYX SWATCH

Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks,ONYX,SWATCH ,REVIEW,INDIAN MAKEUP,INDIANBEAUTYBLOG
Revlon's Colorstay Shadowlinks IN ONYX
VANILLA RATINGS: LIME 8/10
                                                             PEACOCK 7/10
                                                                                  ONYX 10/10


WATCH ME IN ACTION USING THESE ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
LETS HAVE A RENDEZVOUS 

Let me know shades which you bought from this collection.I am looking forward for more inputs from all of you as I really liked eggplant and lilac!!

Hearts
indianmakeup,indian beauty blogger,indian youtuber,indian vlogger,indian makeup


Please add your comments in the comment box below.It gives me immense pleasure to know you people who read my blog. I will love to interact with you in any format( let's say Q/A or anything) that enhances our common, creative,beauty driven relationship.Looking forward to this association my lovely friends!!






I highly encourage you to Follow me and comment!






Watch me in action using these cuties on my youtube channel!!